Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader - We are Silgan.
Industrial Mechanic Located in Sacramento, CA
An Industrial Mechanic to maintain a state-of-the-art, food can-manufacturing line. A strong work ethic and related experience in a manufacturing environment are required. A successful candidate will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment in a mature safe and professional manner
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all personnel
- Possess the mechanical knowledge and ability to efficiently service, operate, maintain and overhaul all production and auxiliary equipment as assigned using the appropriate tools
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance.
Essential Job Function
- Sound industrial mechanical experience.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and report any hazards that may compromise a safe workplace.
- Machinist background a significant plus.
- Work closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity and cost control advancements. Successful candidate will be required to perform numerous procedures including but not limited to; inspection, computer data entry, react accordingly to any out-of-standard specifications, lift truck operations, etc.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma orequivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years.
REQUIRED SKILLS: A proven industrialmechanical background .
PREFERRED SKILLS: Mechanical / Machinist Experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, climb, walk, & lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis. Good vision capabilities and good communication skills.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.