Silgan Containers the leader in the metal food packaging industry is seeking experienced professional production supervisors to join our team. Joining our team of professionals provides growth opportunities and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a stable company and industry.
- Production Supervisors are required to successfully complete 3-6 months of technical training provided by Silgan Containers. This will include writing reports and discussions with plant management to ascertain an understanding of can/end manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Production Supervisors work in our high-speed, state of the art manufacturing facility. This position will be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends.
- The Production Supervisor will lead and direct hourly employees with day-to-day instructions to meet production goals and line efficiencies.
- Utilize lean manufacturing and 5S principles to improve the manufacturing process.
- Supervising in a work team environment challenging the hourly workforce to move toward self-directed work teams.
- Effective communication skills are essential in both a written and verbal format.
- Focus on Safety and Quality in all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Further advancement opportunities depend on individual leadership, management ability and the capacity to assume greater responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
Required to learn, understand, and positively impact the five Key Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, and Continuous Improvement.
1. Safety - Train/enforce on safety procedures/rules. Active involvement in employee safety,
equipment guarding and ensuring overall safe workplace
2. Quality - Apply SPC principles and basic quality tools (i.e., diagrams, flow/run/control charts,
3. Standard Operating Procedures - Understand, use, and train employees on SOP's.Must
have the ability to lead manufacturing unit through use of SOP's.
4. Employee Relations - Must have effective communication skills that enable the ability to
5. Continuous Improvement - Foster an environment conducive to achieving continuous
improvement/lean objectives.Must have ability to operate in a lean manufacturing
environment utilizing 5S and other continuous improvement tools.
direct/assign work assignments in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and
cultivate a positive work environment.Supervisors are expected to develop and mentor
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.