Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader - We are Silgan.
IndustrialMechanic Located in Rochelle, IL
Working for Silgan Containers' will be the BEST decision you make!
The Industrial Mechanic, an integral part of our plant operations team, operates, troubleshoots, repairs, constructs, installs, overhauls and adjusts equipment related to production operations and works with all personnel to help the plant improve and run efficiently.
Sign on Bonus - $500.00 after 80 days; additional $500.00 after 6 months of employment
Pay rate is $27.73 hr, plus $0.50/hr shift premium (up to $28.88 with 6-month wage increases)
The successful candidate must be able to work 12 hour shift, 6pm to 6am; 4 days/on and 4 days/off; with Saturday and Sunday overtime.
- Healthcare Benefits - medical, dental, prescription and vision plans.
- Life Insurance, Pension.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- 12 paid holidays
- 1 Week vacation after 1 year's continuous employment
Essential Job Functions:
- Services, sets up, operates, maintains, adjusts, and makes changeovers and washups, and directs the operation of the feeders, coaters, ovens, waxers, stackers and load turners. Performs these duties to maintain maximum production efficiency and product quality.
- Checks product made and operation of equipment for any deviation from standard and makes necessary adjustments.
- Diagnoses mechanical and quality problems, making necessary repairs, adjustments, and restores defective equipment to service with a minimum amount of spoilage and delay.
- Cooperates with Inspectors to insure quality product.
- Works with minimal supervision, reporting unusual events, accidents, damage, and emergencies, immediately to supervision.
- Performs all duties with due regard to safety for self, and co-workers while exercising proper care and protection of company property.
- Other duties as assigned.